Friday, August 03, 2007

New magazine launched!





I had the pleasure of attending the launch party for CK Media's newest magazine: Homegrown Hospitality! A lot of crafts are featured within its pages, including paper crafts, work with felt, wood, all sorts of things. But the best part is that it is featuring the work of a very talented local, Stephanie Ackerman! Stephanie recently got married, but she has been in the scrap world for quite some time, designing for Me & My BIG Ideas, as well as having a seat on the design team for Timeless Treasures in Rancho Santa Margarita. Timeless hosted the launch party yesterday, where Stephanie was quick to sign autographs and was incredibly patient through all the picture taking and chat. Stephanie also gave away a lot of the projects featured in the premier issue of Homegrown Hospitality and I was fortunate enough to get two of her cards: A Baby card and a Thank You card. After flipping through the magazine and seeing how many projects were in there, I can understand the amount of hard work that went in to the issue. Thanks to my newspaper experience, and the organization that needs to go into big "events," I can appreciate everything Stephanie has done and she deserves a huge round of applause!

1 comment:

Tandra said...

Oh that IS a great magazine! Fabulous projects!!
Im enjoying your blog, and I have the BiA, but gosh I need some classes to feel confident with it!!!