Wednesday, October 08, 2008

One cannot live by scrappin' alone...

... so, I was really excited when I found out that one of my favorite comedians, Christopher Titus, was performing live at the Irvine Improv just a few hours after my plane touched down in SoCal. Since Rodney is in Pensacola, and he is usually my comedy club date, I dragged my Mom to the comedy club, instead. She was a good sport about the whole thing, I even heard her laugh a few times.

Since Rodney likes Titus as much as I do, I called home to ask him if he would like a CD or autograph or something. Rodney's favorite bit that Titus does is when the comedian talks about falling into a bonfire as a teenager. So, Rodney's response:

"Can you get him to sign a can of lighter fluid?"

I wasn't sure if lighter fluid would be allowed into the Improv, so, not wanting to get caught with a "weapon of mass destruction" and kicked out, I said,

"No. How about a 2 x 4?" Deal.

So, after the hilarious show, I stood in line to buy a CD and meet Titus, trying to hang on to my foot-long 2 x 4 as inconspicuously as possible. Titus was also a good sport, graciously signing the 2 x 4 with a slight laugh. (Side note: Titus was great with his fans, taking the time to shake hands, hear stories and chat... you have to respect a guy who apprciates his fans. BTW, if you're a fan, he is working on a new TV show and movie.)

Mom took this maniacal picture of me with the funnyman, just before he signed the 2 x 4 piece of "bonfire" wood. Nice photo of him, not so much of ME! Very fun, spontaneous night ... now, since I am on central time in a Pacific time zone world at the moment, the bed is calling!

4 comments:

Jennifer Priest said...

How fun!! Love the crazy pic and the 2x4 idea.

Jenn Christman said...

Sounds like it was a blast. Bill and I love going to the Improv in Ontario. But then again we love anything that makes us laugh! See you on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

You look mahvelous! Sounds like a great time, and what a wonderful souvenier item - now to turn it into a masculine scrubby piece perfect for den decor!

Anonymous said...

You lucky dog! You got to see Christopher Titus! He is one funny man! We love the Bonfire story too! We live so close to the Improv but don't get there too often. I think the picture of both of you is cool and LOVE the autographed wood... bet he hasn't seen that before!