Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Off to Tennessee!


I am off to Tennessee tomorrow, to the Desert Scrappers Weekend Retreat near Nashville. I am looking forward to cropping, as well as meeting some new people. Check out more about this event on the retreat blog. I have only driven through Tennessee briefly on my way from Illinois to Pensacola this summer, so I am looking forward to driving up through the middle of Alabama to The Volunteer State. I printed off some locations of scrapbook stores along the way, so, depending on how my 8-hour drive goes, I might stop by one or two. Oh, and I will download a book on tape to my iPod and make sure my gas tank is full before I hit the Tennessee border, I hear they are still having fuel shortage issues and would rather not get caught up in that mess. What a bummer for them!

Also, anyone in SoCal might like the sound of this: If you just want to shop at the Long Beach ScrapFest next weekend (Oct. 11), there will soon be a coupon for FREE admission! This does not include any crops, classes, gifts or raffles, but I know that a lot of the vendors are bringing their new Summer CHA merchandise to show off and sell, so it might be worth the trip to the Long Beach Convention Center. If you do come, be sure to stop by the K2R and say, "Hi!" I will have a link to the coupon ASAP, so check back later this week.

As for new K2R goodies, there are a few. Some new acrylic items include maple leaves, the words Love and Hope, and - I am really excited about this - a door hanger! I haven't even had a chance to play with my samples, yet, that's how new these items are! Be sure to look for them at the K2R booth starting this weekend in Tennessee and then they will be up on the K2R online store by the the first week of November.

And, of course, we have lots of Fall and Holiday stuff. We've brought back the acrylic shapes for ornaments, diecut acrylic album covers for layered looks will be available soon and so much more... watch for these project ideas.




The metal has been a HUGE hit, as papercrafters realize all the great possibilities with magnetic message boards, home decor and albums. More project ideas for metal will also be hitting the website soon.

Alright now off to pack ... anyone else spend more time packing their scrap stuff than clothes for these weekend retreats?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WhooHoo, sounds like you are going to have a fun relaxing weekend :) I can not wait to get my hands on some of the new acrylic :)

Tanya