Saturday, August 02, 2008

Calling all 30-somethings for a walk down memory lane...


Taking adavtange of the fact our kids are spending the summer with their grandparents, DH Rodney and I headed out with friends Nicole and Jesse to enjoy Pensacola Beach's annual Bushwacker Music Festival. On tap Friday night was self-proclaimed "World's Greatest 80's Tribute Band," The Molly Ringwalds, a fabulous cover band of, as you might have guessed, anything and everything was a hit in the 1980s. They covered everything from Madonna and Duran Duran to AC/DC and George Michael. Thirysomethings: you would have LOVED it! I certianly had more fun that I have had in a long time (at a non-scrappy event, of course!) and I really thought I would be deaf and hoarse this morning, but apparently 31 isn't too old to be screaming at concerts, after all. Anyway, if you're interested in finding out more about this popular band down here in the Southeast, visit The Molly Ringwalds' web site. Can you guys which 80's "icon" each band member was dressed up as?





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jessica, sounds like that was a blast. I would have enjoyed that too. I LOVE 80's music.

Jenn C

Tricia said...

Cute pic of you 2! Gald you had a chance to get out and have some fun! It is needed everynow and then!