Thursday, December 20, 2007

Pantone's Color of the Year


There is something about color that inspires me. Especially when they are all organized and , ahem, color-coordinated. I am attracted to paint chip displays at hardware stores, new boxes of crayons and pencils, my stash of organized cardstock...

I love it when Pantone comes out with its annual color. Will we see it in more scrap stuff? Do I feel the need to paint something this color? I find the description humorous, especially when thinking from an average Jane's perspective. This Blue Iris, to me, is a bright purpley blue. But to Pantone, it is a whole lot more and represents where 2008 will be heading. See if you agree ...

"From a color forecasting perspective, we have chosen PANTONE 18-3943 Blue Iris as the color of the year, as it best represents color direction in 2008 for fashion, cosmetics and home products," explains Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute®. "As a reflection of the times, Blue Iris brings together the dependable aspect of blue, underscored by a strong, soul-searching purple cast. Emotionally, it is anchoring and meditative with a touch of magic. Look for it artfully combined with deeper plums, red-browns, yellow-greens, grapes and grays."

No comments: