Sunday, March 01, 2009

One creative weekend ...

... Saturday the family and I decided to head East from Pensacola, along the coast. To make everyone happy, we each got a destination of our choice. First, we took the kids to The Zoo of Northwest Florida, a small, intimate zoo, where you can feed Australian swans, mingle with peacocks, give treats to a giraffe and laugh at the baby monkeys. My husband, Rodney, go to go to the Bass Pro Outdoor World store in Destin and play with camoflage. Along our 50-mile trek, I got to stop at two scrapbook stores.



The first was a friendly store called Croppin' Corner in Ft. Walton Beach. This photo only shows about a quarter of the store, which also boasts a pretty good-sized crop space/classroom. There was plenty of scrappers' favorite products around, mostly sectioned into theme, and a few things I hadn't seen before. I look forward to stopping by this store any time I head that direction...



The second store was one I stopped at after I dropped off the boys at Outdoor World. The Scrapbook Clearance Store is a mere mile away from Outdoor World, so I spent a good 45 minutes there while the boys checked out bows and fishing gear. The Scrapbook Clearance store was just that: Full of closeout scrapbook supplies. I recognized a large number of manufacturers' products, most of them about three years old or older. I still managed to spend some money. This store is great for new scrapbookers, scrapbookers on a budget (but watch the prices... everything in the store is half off - no signs say that though, and I didn't know that until I had a question about a particular price - but even at half off, not everything is a fabulous deal) and for seasoned scrapbookers who are using their stash for project and find they need more of an older paper or embellishment.

No comments: