Sunday, January 27, 2008

On tap for the week of Jan. 28 ...

Whew! Three weekends in a row of dragging gridwall around ... I am ready for a break! But the shows and crops have been a lot of fun! Rodney and I just got in from Ontario, CA, this evening, after vending for Scrapbook Alley, which was housed with the Home Improvement and Backyard Living Expo at the convention center. While the show was slow and scrappers weren't plentiful, the ones who stopped by were wonderful! We had a lot of chatty croppers and a big THANK YOU to friends, family and past class attendees who stopped by the K2R booth this weekend. I really appreciate your support!

As for upcoming events for the week, I will be teaching My "Clearly in Love" 6 x 6 acrylic album at Scrappin' in the Hills in Anaheim Hills from 6-8 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 29. Check out my calendar for details and be sure to call ahead to the store and reserve your seat! www.kits2remember.com/calendar Hope to see you in class!

Then, I am off to Memory Trends in Las Vegas Thursday through Saturday! There has been a lot of discussion in the scrapbook industry as to which trade shows to support and why, and I want to make up my own mind. The big question: Should scrapbooking support the crafting side of the hobby, with the Craft and Hobby Association (CHA), or should the industry join forces with the photography industry and become more involved with PMA? The decision made by the scrapbooking industry as a whole could really affect the future success of scrapbooking as we know it. Sooo, I am spending a not-so-affordable weekend in Las Vegas at Memory Trends and the PMA trade show in the hopes of coming away with a lot of great info, contacts and more. I'll give a review once I return!

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Glad you got back home safely! It was a pleasure getting to see your cute face again! And your husband...he is such a hustler! Trying to make that money! He was really working the heck out of the booth! Go Rodney! LOL!

Jennifer Priest said...

Yeah, I don't know how you do it--I mean we are the same places pretty much but I don't have a booth to cart around!! wow!! I am really curisou to see what your takeis on the Memory Trends/PMA/CHA thing...it is so hard on stores when they have to order multiple times a year to keep up with the ridiculous number of trade shows the are. So I'll be watching your blog for updates!!!