Sunday, March 30, 2014

Nara Park is a Disney Princess' Paradise


I say that Nara Park, the area surrounding the Great Buddha Hall, is a Disney Princess' paradise, because it is full of flowers and deer to sing to. If you love the island of Miyajima because you miss your dog who had to be left behind in the States, and feeding the deer assuages some of the sadness, Nara Park is another place you can get some fuzzy love.

I was told that deer are considered to be messengers from God (I have no idea what the fleas and ticks on them are considered), so everyone who visits these shrines is kind to them. Except for the schoolchildren out of their parents' reach. They aren't so kind, so there are several of these signs posted, probably to reduce the liability insurance for the place:


And these deer are everywhere. I accidentally snuck up on one as I rounded a corner and I am not sure who was more startled.




Rodney, of course, sees this and just wants to don some camouflage and grease paint and head out with his bow to get meat for the winter. Good thing I was on my own for this tour. And that also meant I could stop and smell the roses for as long as I wanted... no one complaining about how they were bored or hungry or tired. But since there weren't any roses to smell, I made due by taking some photos of flowers and the shrine gate (seen in the background with all the people and deer above).

For those of you who have yet to enjoy the flowers of spring in your region yet, here is some eye candy for you:







And for those of you wannabe Disney Princesses who like forests, here is some wood that used to be forests:



Of course, you can't please everyone all the time, and some people are just not fond of Nara Park, more specifically, the deer. This little princess was howling a whole other tune from Snow White's "A Smile and a Song":

No comments: