Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Whoops! Forgot to give the low down on Guthrie Gallery Night!

I just realized I never blogged about Guthrie Gallery Night! Both events went very well and it seemed like everyone had a great time. Some wer looking for inspiration, some were looking for gifts, others were just wanting an evening (or afternoon!) out of the house!

It was so much fun to be able to show off the pieces I have created for my family and answer questions about them. Everyone who attended seemed to have their own personal favorites, so I can't say which one was hands-down the most popular.

Here are some photos from the event:


Akiko and Shiho won the raffle prizes on Saturday.
Melissa loved winning the door prize on Thursday.

Actually, Melissa was thrilled to win the door prize on Thursday!

The baby boy "Zoo Baby" collection was a big hit.


My friend Kanoko added to my mantle display - she gave me the pretty green bottle, third from the left.

The "Steampunk Debutante" Collection was my favorite to work with. This is a three-frame wall hanging.
The left frame up close.
This clock cabinet is one of my favorites.
I have been asked if I will do another Guthrie Gallery Night before Christmas. I think I might, coupled with a some kind of class, which has been requested by a number of people. Could be fun, maybe a weekend in November. But, we'll have to see how my crazy fall semester pans out first (see previous post for details)!

Some of the things that are still left I plan to put on an Etsy site or something, so I'll be sure to announce that here and on Facebook. But a huge thank you to everyone who came out and were so supportive (even if they weren't totally sure what to expect!).

No comments: