Thursday, May 22, 2008

House pictures

Thank you to all of you who wished us well on our Pensacola house hunt. Here are some photos of it. We are really excited about it. Personally, the fact that it has four bedrooms AND a studio office sold me! Not to mention the big backyard (with room for my K2R trailer and an air-conditioned storage building for product! Yes!), spa, formal dining room.

My studio office! I plan to put in some French doors to keep the outside noise pollution down.
My storage shed for product.
The front of the house. The windows from left to right are the dining room, office and guest room for when the grandmas come out to see the boys.
The kitchen (where I really don't plan to spend a lot of time - Saying I hate to cook is a little strong, so I'll say I prefer not to.) The doorway leads out to the living room, complete with lighted plant ledges and fireplace, and the Florida room. A Florida room, I learned, is an Arizona room, sun room, enclosed porch, whatever you call it in the area where you live. While some are just a basic screened-in porches, this one is walled, windowed, just another room of the house, heated and cooled.

Pensacola seems like a nice place to live with all the modern conveniences (the "new" mall has all the important stores, such as Children's Place and Bath & Body Works), but the bummer for me, though, is that I can't find one local scrapbook store in the entire city. One looks recently closed, unfortunately. There is a Michaels, JoAnns and Hobby Lobby, but, as much great as those places can be to shop, they just don't replace the fun, crops and community of an LSS. Maybe one will turn up in a nearby town. Or, I may be taking lots of trips too and from Mobile, Alabama, which is an hour away. Plus, I will be commuting back and forth to California, too, so I guess I can get my LSS fix when I am there!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The house is sooo nice :) It may take a few to get used to everything. but knowing you, it won't take long, LOL!!!!!! I wish you & your family all the best and can not wait to see you next month and anytime you are back teaching. I am sooo hooked, hehehehe!!

Tanya

Anonymous said...

Oh Jessica congratulations on finding that awesome house. And keeping my fingers crossed on all your final ok's coming through.
Still bummed it's not in CA, but I guess I'll get over it. :-)

Anonymous said...

Jessica,
I just love your new home!! It's awesome and has everything that you need .. now you just need to start up your own "Memories 2 Remember" brick and mortar store..what a great opportunity to do what you love and share it locally with the other diehard scrappers.. you know it's at the lss that you truly come into dear friendships..I don't know what I would have done had I not met all the Santa Clarita gals at CKU ..now we crop frequently at the local sbb because we like to see eachother .. can't wait to catch up in person on the bus to CKU Provo ...

Big hugs ~ Scrappy Val

PS Love the Stadium acrylic album ..will need to order one soon :)