Sunday, October 28, 2007

This week's scrap-tivities ...











Kits2Remember and I had a busy week this week! It started off with the 2nd Anniversary sale at The Red Bee Oct. 20 and 21. I was there Saturday morning, doing an acrylic mini book make and take and showing those who stopped by for the sale how much fun the Bind-it-All is to use.

Sunday, I cropped at Table Scrapz in Placentia, with the girls from Scrapbook Lifestyle: Angela Daniels, Leah Fung and Pattye Duffner. It was great to hear how they produce their online shows, and I gave them a quick Bind-it-All lesson and shared some of the new acrylic with them and the staff at Table Scrapz. To see Angela's perspective, log on to: http://angeladaniels.squarespace.com/.

I was at Scrapbook Boulevard in Victorville Thursday evening, teaching my "Pure Girl" class, a project that is a 6 x 6 wire-bound album with acrylic cover. The ladies seems to really enjoy learning the ins and out of using the BiA and had some great questions! I had dinner with store owner Vesta Myers and we had a great chat about all sorts of scrappy stuff. I am looking forward to going back Nov. 13 to teach my 8 x 8 all-acrylic album class "My Guys."

Then there was the Scrapbook Expo in Ontario Friday and yesterday. I was so excited about Strictly Scrapbooking and The Red Bee having my acrylic and, in Strictly's case, project kits, in their booths. And the acrylic was such a hit Friday, I had to bring more Saturday! Whoo-hoo! I took three classes Friday: 10 x 20 canvas class with Quick Quotes (where I sat with fellow scrap instructor Jennifer Priest and near fellow CKUer Lori Shrout), Rusty Pickle's "I Have" 6 x 6 spiral album (where I chatted it up with fellow CKUer Erin Bassett - who was also the lucky winner of the Expo's Epson printer giveaway!!!!) and Rusty Pickle's "Bloom" double-page layout. Each of classes were fun and it got me to scrap in a bit of a different style than usual.

Saturday, I drug my DH Rodney with me, since I have applied to be an exhibitor and instructor at the California Expos next year, Just in case I am chosen, I needed Rodney to see what an Expo is like. We even took a class together ... SEI's Wild and Crazy double layout class. Rodney learned a lot and was able to keep up just fine in this fast-paced class. The only true testosterone moment was when he had to cut out a square from the middle of the project. He broke out his pocket knife and started slicing away. I was quick to get a photo of this manly maneuver before I stopped him and handed him an Xacto knife!

As for this week, I am busy with Halloween and getting ready for the Marine Corps ball Friday night, Saturday, my mom and I head to Rancho Mirage for the Desert Scrappers weekend retreat. I will be teaching two classes there Saturday afternoon and spending the night at the hotel, spending some quality time with my Mom, who loves the Palm Springs area.

Be sure to check the Kits2Remember.com calendar page to see if there is an event or class near coming up near you!

6 comments:

Jennifer Priest said...

Wow Jessica--you are one busy lady!!! Looks like you had a great time at the Expo!! It was fun sitting next to you and chit-chatting. Hope the marine ball goes well. See you Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, did I REALLY win the printer????? How cool!!
I had such a good time chatt'n with you in the RP class....and I can't wait 'till CKU Provo!!!!

Naomi Murphy said...

Congrats on winning the printer!! I need to get some of your good luck! So, will Rodney be scraping with us now?

DonnaSalazar said...

I love the pocket knife thingie! You have been a busy girl lately!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I normally don't leave comments but I just thought I'd let you know that this blog is great. I write too, but I can't
write as well as you do. Here are some of my writings. If you want to look at them, if not it's ok. anyway, thanks.

Stihl Chainsaws
Husqvarna
Morocco Blogs

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for all the great information on this blog. I don't have a blog yet but I'm writing for a website right now. I'm just very new to
the blogging and Internet writing thing, but if you want, you can check out some of my articles! Thanks a lot and I hope we can become
blogging buddies sometime when I start a blog.

World of Warcraft Goblin Race
Cutting Down Trees
Plants World