Kim. Lisa. Stacey. Trace. Trisha.
These five ladies have taken Kits2Remember to a whole new level these past six months. They create gorgeous projects, help to develop the K2R message board and Krew blog and assist me in promoting K2R in so many ways. And they have had patiently and enthusiastically helped me shape a design team I think we are all proud of. I would like to publicly THANK THEM from the bottom of my heart. Without you, K2R would not be what it is today. Ladies, if I haven't told you lately, let me tell you now: You ROCK!
And with this Krew's 6-month term coming to an end, I find myself looking for the next Design Krew with mixed feelings. While I am reluctant to see "my" team end, I am excited for my Krew to be able to pursue new opportunities (or a second term of the same opportunity!) and for myself to be able to find some fresh new talent out there that will help take K2R to yet another level.
Kits2Remember is looking for a new team of fantastic designers to continue the K2R Design Krew through March 2009.
Submission Deadline: Wednesday, Sept. 10, 2008
New Krew Team begins: Oct. 1, 2008
The designers I seek must love the idea of working with mini books and home décor projects. Interest in acrylic albums and shapes a must!
As a member of the K2R Design Krew, I ask that you:
1. Agree to a six-month commitment of showcasing K2R products.
2. Continue to meet short, but reasonable, deadlines for stunning, unique projects prior to consumer shows, for the idea gallery on the K2R web site and for the K2R Krew Blog.
3. Enthusiasm for clear "acrylic" scrapbooks and projects and a willingness to help promote Kits2Remember.
4. Post your creations to online galleries, blogs, and promote the product as appropriate on various message boards.
5. Submit your work for publication to trade/consumer magazines on a regular basis.
6. Maintain excellent communication and work with other design team members to encourage discussion on the K2R message board, create product reviews and manage RAK (Random Acts of Kindness) opportunities.
What will you get as a member of the K2R Design Krew:
1. Free product!
2. Your bio and creations on our web site and/or Krew blog.
3. The opportunity to be the first to see and use great new products!
What you need to do to apply:
Please send an email with “Kits2Remember Design Krew Submission” in the subject to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
Complete Mailing Address
Daytime phone number
Please submit 3 projects that showcase your favorite work! Your projects do not need to be created for this call, as long as they fit the criteria below:
1) One project created with any shape or size K2R acrylic.
2) One project created using some kind of transparent item(s) (does not need to be from K2R)
3) Your favorite project you have completed in the past two months. Altered albums and acrylic album designs would be helpful, but other paper crafting projects would be fine.
Please limit your files to 150kb each.
Please include these details with your submission:
1. Scrapbook resume.
2. Have you been published and if so, what magazines?
3. Do you have a blog and what online galleries do you post to?
4. What are your past and current design team commitments?
What else you need to know:
You may be on other design teams, but please keep in mind that before consumer shows, you will have very tight deadlines. Also, projects created for K2R may not be used for other design team submissions. Make sure that you can commit to your Kits2Remember responsibilities.
The new design team will be announced in late September on the K2R blog. Kits2Remember reserves the right to terminate the relationship with a member of the Design Krew if responsibilities are not being met.
I look forward to seeing all of your great submissions! If you have any questions, please email me at: Jessica@kits2remember.com. Or, post your question to the message board and see what the current K2R Design Krew has to say!