Sunday, February 10, 2008
Giveth the CHA Swag!!!
Collecting cool stuff from scrapbook companies is so much fun! While I did place some orders, like Basic Grey Boxer (after all, I DO have three boxer dogs!), foam stamps from Pebbles Inc. (any of you looking for the heart or flower stamps I used in recent classes, you'll want to check the Kits2Remember site, cuz they'll be available soon!), new products from Zutter and Theresa Collins, etc., I did collect even more catalogs to peruse over the next few days and some fabulous free stuff! Take a look at the photo above for a sampling.
Some thoughts on CHA so far:
1) 'Tis the season for industrial-strength corner rounders. Both Zutter (Round-it-All)and Around the Block (The Paper Gator) are releasing corner rounders that can cut through chipboard, amoung other things.
2) Provocraft has fabulous giveaways, can't miss bright green shirts and a hot product in the Cricut, but the cheer is noticably strained when the crowd is asked if they love Provocraft.
3) Odd discovery: McGill Inc. (as in great punches) sells gavels. Order in the crop room!
4) Speaking of punches, Making Memories has a new automated die cutting system that "can fit in the palm of your hand," called the Slice. I saw it demo-ed, and it looked very interesting, since their cartridges (similar to cricut cartridges) match their Noteworthy and Animal Cracker lines. But is it a "slice" of heaven? I'd have to try it myself.
5) It's fun to see 'Lil Davis back. The line seems to fit well with Fiskar's other lines, including a new vintage-inspired one, Kimberly Poloson.
6) Basic Grey's new lines are beautiful. I still must maintain that they are my over-all favorite paper line, kind of like Aerosmith is my all-time favorite music group. Sure there will be spurts of papers that I enjoy, like Top 40 hits or an occasional sound track, but there are only a select few that are timeless classics in my stash. BG is one of them.
7) The fresh-brewed iced tea at the concession stands is quite tasty, if there are any fellow iced tea fans out there ...