Sunday, January 07, 2007

Store Stop: Scrappin' Time, Las Vegas

This being a scrapbooking blog and all, I thought I would give a minor critique to stores that I visit on my travels. This is something I do on my own as a service to other scrapbookers and please feel free to agree or disagree with me in a manner that serves as constructive.

www.scrappin-time.com

Scrappin' Times seemed to be all about customer service! I was greeted the moment I stepped through the door, asked twice if I need help during the half hour I was there and the staff went to extra lengths to look for a certain item for me. Not only that, but a handful of individual "regulars" were greeted by their first name by the staff throughout my visit. Obviously, Scrappin' Times is a store that cares about their customers.

The store is large, organized and labeled by theme and has a vast selection of product, including product I hadn't seen at other stores. Seasonal Valentine's Day product was up front and easy to find. There was a nice Las Vegas tourism section toward the back of the store. One member of the staff saw me looking at it and brought out some new product that hadn't been priced yet so I could sift through it - another example of excellent customer service, as well as a simple way for the store to get me to spend a bit more money maybe!

Paper was displayed on shelves, making it easy to see. However, it also slid off the shelves easily when you tried to put it back - bummer. It appears that the buyers for Scrappin' Times purchases entire lines. But they were out of several of the popular collection packs offered by the companies.

There were a fair amount of classes with cute projects, but the crop area was a bit on the small side. Scrappin' Time also had some fun and fabulous promotions that were different (60 second shopping spree, anyone? How about a double punch day for your frequent buyer card?) and seemed to get a lot of participation from the patrons.

2 comments:

Sean Carter said...

Well Valentines Day is a big occasion for lovers all over the world...and it's quite interesting to see all the unique things that people come up with every year...so in keeping with the Valentines Day mood i've posted a couple of stuff over at my blog so drop by sometime and find out all that's there....have a good time!!1

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

I'm visiting Las Vegas from the UK in a few days so your review was very helpful. I thought I would definitely go to Scrappin' Time and also Majestic Memories.