Sunday, January 04, 2009

New year, new kits, new classes ...

... Wow, I cannot believe it has been over a week since I posted last, but I assure you I have been busy. We spent Christmas week with my DH's family in Illinois, where I gave the ladies in his family each an acrylic clock. Here is a photo of Aunt Brenda with hers. You may have seen these in an earlier post here.

After Christmas, my DH and I headed back home from Illinois, leaving the kids in Illinois for another week. I promised myself I was going to make the most of the time, working hard during the day and going out with my DH at night - something we don't get to do too often when the kids are home.

As far as the working hard, I have several new kit projects in the K2R store and a number of classes coming up at stores and Expos in the next couple of months. Here are some photos of them:

You might remember that Design Krew member Regina designed an acrylic house album kit for Christmas last month. This month, Design Krew member Andrea Venn has designed two adorable 6 x 6 mini books with one kit, strangely called "Two Pretty Books in 1 Kit." This kit is fresh and feminine and has some unique design elements.

Krew Kit #10 has also hit the K2R "shelves." This one features Basic Grey paper, Imaginsice embellishemnts, unique ribbon and acrylic, metal and chipboard panels. Be sure to stop by the Krew's blog this month to see what they have created with it.

If you enjoyed the Halloween and Christmas 8 x 8 acrylic album kits that featured Teresa Collins' collections, you will love "True Love." This album is fun and fast and is designed with all six of her double-sided 8 x 8 papers and three different transparencies, creating a mixed-media album with lots of space for photos and journaling.

"Love Notes" is a magnetic metal message board that is designed to decorate your home, yet serve a practical purpose. Leave messages, lists and little love notes for each of the members of your family. I will also be teaching this class at Ever After in Vista, CA, Feb. 9, so this kit won't be available for purchase to Southern California residents until Feb. 10. I apologize for any inconvenience, but if you like the kit, check out the K2R calendar for details about the class.


Speaking of classes, I'll be teaching a few at local scrapbook stores while I am in California. This message board clock, "Messages & Time," will be taught at Scrapbooking Heaven in Westminster Feb. 4 and at The Red Bee in Tustin Feb. 10. Several different colors ans themes are available in class and you'll learn how to work with acrylic, metal and clock movements. Check the K2R calendar for details.

The third class I am teaching at LSSes while in California is "Love Letters," a 6 x 6 mixed media album featuring acrylic, chipboard and transparencies. We learn how to make gatefold pages, bound pockets and more. A great gift album for your someone special, or a great place to store those old love letters from the past. This class will be taught at Treasured Memories in Oak Park Feb. 7, The Scrappin' Table in Placentia Feb. 8 and Scrapbook Boulevard in Victorville Feb. 11. And, of course, you can check out the K2R calendar for details.


The Costa Mesa (Orange County) Scrapbook Expo is Feb. 13, 14 and 15 and pre-registration has begun. I'll be teaching two classes: Imaginative Magnetic Metal, a message board project, and Great Times, Good Memories, an 8 x 8 acrylic, mixed-medium album. Both of these classes are brand new for 2009 and focus on new skills and products.

If you need more inspiration, be sure to check out the Design Krew blog. They have been working hard to post new ideas each week to keep you insired.

Now I'm off to pack for the Gigi's Scrapbookin' and More crop in Orange Beach, Alabama, this week and the Scrap Map Ultimate Scrapbook Cruise next week. Both should be a lot of fun once I get there, but before that, I have to pack clothes, gather scrap gear and get the family organized. So I am off!

1 comment:

Jenn Christman said...

How exciting, I love everything. Can't wait to take the classes and see you! Have fun on your trips.