Thursday, May 10, 2007

MAMBI sale!





OK, seriously, anyone who was anyone in the South Orange County scrap world was at the MAMBI sale last weekend ... National Scrapbook Day weekend! After chatting about it with MAMBI owner Stephanie Rahmatulla the weekend before at Crops2Remember (www.crops2remember.com) I knew I had to go and check out the great deals - or were they steals?! I ran in to fellow C2R croppers Krystal Tran (who took the picture of me) and Christal Parker (who I took the picture of!), as well as long time crop buddy Cheryl Bartezko .. and I was only there for about 45 minutes! The gal who checked me out was well-prepared for the crowd of ladies winding their way through the boxes of scrap stuff ... she had worked for Mrs. Grossman's stickers for several years and had been through plenty of warehouse sales full of crazy croppers! The staff did seem well prepared and the check out was fast and easy. If they had only had a few more carts for everyone to roll their overfilled boxes around on!

So, who else went? I know there were a lot of us! Hope it was a success, Steph!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jessica, I was at the warehouse sale too. I just found your blog through the CKU message board. I had to control myself and not go overboard at that sale. I tried to just get things I knew I would use, I don't have a lot of room to store things. I totally agree about the staff, they were so nice and the sale was very organized and I was checked out of there in less than an hour.

Jessica Guthrie said...

Control yourself ... good for you! I think I might have gone overboard, but I have already used a lot of the stuff I bought, so I don't feel so bad!

Jennifer Priest said...

Man, I wish I had known about this!!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.